Wednesday, July 16, 2008

4 months

I'm officially 4 months today! All is going well so far. I'm still not really feeling pregnant yet. I wear scrubs to work everyday so they're loose and baggy on me to begin with. It's finding church clothes that fit me that's the problem. I need to go shopping but I'm not quite ready for maternity clothes yet. I ordered this thing called a bella band on the internet the other day that you slip over your regular shorts/jeans/capris and you can leave them unbottoned and unzipped but put this material over it and it keeps everthing taut and it allows you to wear your regular clothes longer. Well, I got it in the mail and realized I ordered the wrong size. I thought I was ordering a size 3 which is what I wear in my pre-pregnancy jeans but their sizing chart was showing that a size 3 fits someone who normally wears size 16-18. So I've got to ship it back and get the right size........and pay for shipping again which stinks but oh well, I still want to try it out. I'm getting a little bit of a baby bump but no one really knows I'm pregnant yet. We go to the doctor again Friday for our regular check-up and hear the heartbeat again. One more month and we'll know if it's a boy or girl! I cannot wait. I'm so anxious to start shopping and planning. We will be thrilled with either a boy or girl. Everyone keeps telling me they think I'm having a girl. How the heck would they know!! Belly pictures coming soon!

4 comments:

Broken Spode said...

Melinda - Yea! It seems like the 1st trimester was easy for you. I think Melody might have tried out that bella band...don't know if she liked it though. Have a great time planning and decorating! -Elaine

Leslie P Photography said...

I hope you like your bella band better than I liked mine! I bought it at the maternity store in the mall and I only wore it a few times. It was more like a panty hose material, so it didn't really do much for me. It kept riding up or down! I gave it to my friend Anna though when she was prego and she liked it. She wore it so that it looked like an undershirt hanging out. You could also use a rubber band and wrap it around the button, and loop it through the button hole and back around the button. Talk to ya soon!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear you are doing well. 4 months has come so quickly, I know it has for me. I am in the same boat as you with the clothes thing, my scrubs for work are great, but jeans, not so much. I have maternity clothes from my sister, but I am still not quite there yet. Oh the joys of a growng stomach!

The Flesher Family said...

very fun!!! I can't wait to hear if you are having a boy or girl. I would be going crazy shopping as well. Did you talk Leland into letting you paint the baby room??