Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Live- 4 Month Old Kate

Kate is now 4 months old! Hard to believe. I already miss her being a newborn, but every stage she's gone through has been so much fun and I can't wait for the next one and the next one. She had her 4 month checkup yesterday and now weighs 13lbs 5oz and is 24 1/4 inches long (both in the 50th percentile) so she's growing at the same rate and is looking healthy. She is sleeping about 10 hours at night (thank you Lord!) and is not a great napper but we're working on it. In fact, today is the first day that I was able to lay her down in her crib for her morning nap still awake and she fell asleep on her own. It's weird, at night she will fall asleep on her own and I think it's because she's really tired and her room is pitch black, but if I normally lay her down during the day she will cry and cry and cry until I finally give in and go get her. Well, I think I figured out I'm waiting until she's overly tired and it's hard for her to get settled down at that point, so now I'm laying her down at certain times when I know she'll soon be ready to nap and so far it's worked! Yea!! This month Kate has laughed for the first time, she's always smiling and flirting with any person who comes up to see her and talk to her. She talks and babbles quite a bit (it never fails-she always starts babbling in church and I usually end up taking her to the nursery because she gets pretty vocal-but it's so cute and everyone at church thinks it's cute too). She is grabbing at toys and putting everything in her mouth. She loves to watch Sadie and always smiles at her when she sees her. She is doing much better on her tummy and will stay there for longer periods of time now without fussing. She's been such a joy and we just love her so much!!


Our little wiggle worm



Daddy giving Mommy a break from nursing. She loves her Daddy!






3 comments:

Taseen said...

Even though we're on dial-up and the video was in 2 second increments it was wonderful. Kate is adorable with the bows in her hair. We just can't see enough of her. Would love to reach through the computer and kiss her!
Taseen

The Martens said...

She is really getting after it on her boppy - so cute! I cant wait to see her again, and you & Leland too! We miss you guys - the girls are growing WAY too fast!

The Jackson Family said...

Love the bows!! She's getting so big.