Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend-N-Stuff

My first Mother's Day was great! I was just excited to be able to celebrate as a mother myself this year. I love being a mommy. It's the best job I've ever had. When people used to ask me what my goals/aspirations in life were...as boring or simple as it sounds....I always just wanted to be a good wife and mother and I feel so blessed that I am living the life of my dreams! Yay.
Saturday we went to the St. Louis Botanical Gardens. Our neighbors went with us and we had fun.....well the guys thought it was a beating but they were good sports. I have to say, the Dallas Arboretum is much prettier, but it was still really nice. Here's a few pictures of our day. Sunday, we just went to church and hung out and made a frozen pizza for dinner ( I didn't have to cook so that was a treat).













We started Kate on cereal this week. She is doing great with it. She loves it and it's so cute when she wants more, she leans forward with her mouth wide open.....it's really funny.


Today, we had a new playgroup get-together. It's funny how it all came together.....I met a lady at my neighbors house who has a 4 month old and she lives right by me and we talked about getting a playgroup together, so she invited a few moms she had just met and I invited one that I had just met from my last play-group experience and we ended up with 7 babies/moms. It was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed it so I think we're going to continue meeting and just take turns at everyone's home. Here's a group picture of the babies. Kate is on the far right. Yea! New friends!

2 comments:

Leslie P Photography said...

She is too cute eating! Carter used to hold his arms & legs straight out like that when he was eating too! And that picture with all the babies reminds me of that commercial - I think it is some kind of chips? lol

The Wunder Family said...

Oh my goodness! Look at all those babies... so cute!! Kate is getting so big!