Sunday, December 18, 2011

Birthday and Christmas Extravaganza!

We celebrated Kate's 3rd birthday Saturday! We had a great party at our home. We rented a bounce house (one of Kate's obsessions right now) and had friends and family join us for pizza and cake. We did a princess theme. Kate had a great time! Happy 3rd Birthday Kate! Mommy and Daddy love you so very much!

Don't look too close at the cake. I made it the night before and the next morning I found most of the pink border had fallen off. Mom and I had to do emergency surgery and it didn't look so good when we were done. Oh well, it tasted yummy!


Kate's cousins Sarah and Callie came in from Houston to celebrate with us! The girls play so well together.






Kate does not like the spot light while we're singing "Happy Birthday" to her.






But all was well once she had some cake and ice cream



wearing some of her new dress up stuff she had just opened







Kate is so funny. She shows no emotion the whole time she's opening her presents. I know deep inside she is super excited about her presents but she is not letting anyone know it. I think she was so overwhelmed with all the gifts that she didn't know how to react.




showing me her new lip gloss



Melody, Elaine, and Me



This was our first year to host Christmas at our house and I was so excited to use our new dining room table and our china. It was so fancy and fun! We are spending Christmas with Leland's family this year so we decided to do my side's Christmas party this same weekend. Talk about a crazy day, but so much fun!






The kids table



And more presents! Poor Kate is ruined I think. She thought it was just the never-ending day of presents for her and wanted more after all of that!





Morgan really got into it this year


We had such a great day but I was happy to be able to relax after it was all over....and Christmas isn't even here yet. I have a feeling it will be like this every year for the next 15 years!

No comments: