Friday, August 1, 2008

Memphis

We went to Memphis, Tennessee last weekend just for fun. We figured while we're living here in St. Louis we'd better get out and see this part of the country while we can. So of course, we had to go to Graceland to see Elvis' mansion! I had been when I was about 5 but remembered very little and Leland had never been.


The next day we went to a church where one of the greatest preachers of all time used to pastor before he passed away. Bellvue Baptist Church is in Cordova, TN and his name was Dr. Adrian Rogers. Leland came to know the Lord through listening to his sermons on the radio. We went into their bookstore and just wanted to see the inside of the church.

Then later that day we went downtown to Beale street and had some Memphis BBQ. We went to a place called Rendeveous tucked away in an alley.........they're famous for their ribs. Then we headed home. It was a short trip but fun. We may go to Chicago next. It's only about 4 hours north from here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gordon and I drove by Graceland many years ago, but didn't take the tour. I can't remember why. If I'm not mistaken he and Prisilla married on May 1,1967 and I remember pictures of their wedding and her wedding dress. Always wondered why she wore that style when she had such a beautiful figure.

Jeff and Steph said...

Sounds like fun. I've always wanted to go to Graceland...well Tennessee for that matter. :) Hope you're doing well.

Steph

Jeff and Steph said...

I am glad you went to Rendevous....place rocks!!!!!! Now you need to go back for Memphis in May

People think TX bbq is good, aint got nothing on Memphis bbq

Jeff