Our dog, Sadie, has finally had her first heat. We've been told by our vet to wait to have her spayed until after her first heat because she had some female problems as a puppy and if we waited until after she has a heat then she's less likely to have urinary tract infections. So, of course it had to happen while we were in Texas and our sweet neighbors were watching her for us. So we got home and didn't really know what to do with her. She was bleeding and didn't want it getting on the carpet, furniture, etc. So I had to go to the store and buy some diapers that would fit her. We just cut a hole out for her tail. I thought she would go crazy trying to get it off, but she just sits there when we put it on her and walks around like it's not even there. We laughed so hard the first time we put it on her. She had this little look on her face like she was so humilitated. Anyway, 3 weeks later and she's still in heat. I can't wait for it to be over!

Oh, by the way, Leland's gotten really good at this diaper changing thing, so no excuses when it comes to changing our daughter's diapers. He's had plenty of practice!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SADIE!
Sadie turned one year old on Sunday. I made her some homemade peanut butter dog treats which she loved and made her a little birthday hat. I would have taken her to the dog park to play but since she's in heat we figured that's not such a good idea right now!
"Mom, this is so corny!"
3 comments:
Oh man, that is too funny seeing the dog in diapers with a whole cut for the tail! And, I can't believe she doesn't mind wearing them! That is too funny. lol. Thanks for making my morning with those pictures!
That is too cute! she is such a good girl for letting you do all of this to her.
You look great, hope all is still going well with the pregnancy. I can't believe we are both almost about to have babies!
I think Sadie has grown since we were there in August. The picture in the diaper and birthday hat is too much. You probably could make some money sending it in to one of those animal shows. Do I see one of Leland's hairy legs in a picture?
Post a Comment