Friday, January 9, 2009

Kate is 3 weeks

Kate is 3 weeks this week. She is doing great! Except for the bad case of baby acne she had going on right now. It's awful. I hope it goes away soon. She looks like a pre-teen starting puberty! It's all over her forehead and underneath both of her eyes. Poor thing.

New things she is doing this week: She makes the cutest sounds when she's sleeping-like little squeals and grunting sounds. They're funny. And she smiles a little when you make funny noises and kiss her on the neck......she likes that and I can tell it's a real smile. She's getting better at holding her head up for just a few seconds and she can focus really good when looking at our faces. I think she discovered Sadie once this week. Speaking of Sadie, she's been a handful ever since we came home with the baby. She's been really destructive and acting out. She's not rough around the baby-just curious and wants to sniff her and all her things, but I definitely think she's jealous. The two times I put her in the utility room to go run an errand-when I came back she had shredded her bed. The first time, Kathleen (Leland's mom) was able to stitch it up, but the second time she shredded it to pieces. I don't know what her deal is! She got a hold of a dirty diaper the other day and shredded it all over our living room floor. That's just a few of the many things she's done so far. I'm hoping she will get over all of this soon, or she may be going bye-bye. I hope we don't have to get rid of her, but we'll see.



2 comments:

The Wingers said...

Ethan has baby acne too! I hate it, but apparently it's from our (the mom's) hormones. His was real bad for about 2 weeks and is starting to get much better. So hang in there.
I hate to hear that Sadie is being distructive. Unfortunately dogs get so jealous over babies. Toby has definitely had his moments with us too.

The Jackson Family said...

Oh no - sorry to hear about your dog situation. I was real bad at the beginning not giving Mona attention but she's adjusted now and I make sure and pet or play with her every day. Give it some time