Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Kate

Oh my goodness! I have just listened to Kate scream for the last hour because she's suppose to be in her room for quiet time/naptime and she is so resistant to it. It is a battle for us every single day. Well, except for yesterday. We went on a shopping frenzy in 100 degree temps and I didn't have her in a stroller...she just walked with me....so she crashed so hard in the car when we headed home. When we got home I got her out and she never woke up..laid her down and she was out. Whew! That never happens. But today is the typical story. I try to be consistent and make her go in her room every day (except on weekends sometimes) and have naptime. I tell her she doesn't have to sleep but she needs to rest and play quietly. We read a couple of books and sometimes we'll say a little prayer together (I'm mostly asking God to help her sleep!). I tell her she has to stay in her room until it's time to come out. Maybe I need to get some sort of fun alarm clock for her so she'll know she can come out when it dings. Hmmm. But anyway, she sneaks out of her room and goes into the playroom. I can see on her monitor and hear that she's no longer in there and I go find her and make her go in her room. This is when the protesting begins. I really don't know how Morgan sleeps through it all. In fact, she did wake he up today. Ugh! But after fighting her over and over it today and her getting to the point she's crying so hard she's having trouble breathing :(, she is FINALLY sound asleep! Thank you Lord! Now I can get something done around here....but all I want to do now is rest after all of that!

No comments: