Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My Birthday

My 29th birthday was on Tuesday the 15th. How did I celebrate it? Well, I think I went to check out one of the malls here and later that day, I scraped flower stickers off the walls of one of our guest bedrooms (getting ready to paint). Whoo hoo!! Unfortunately, Leland had to be in Vegas that whole week for work and so I spent most of the day hanging out with our dog, Sadie. But Leland did surprise me with flowers delivered to our house so that was very sweet of him. It wasn't too bad because I knew I'd get to celebrate with friends and family that weekend. I had to go to Dallas Wednesday night to go to a Dental conference so, all my diva girlfriends took me out to dinner at Tin Star on Thursday night. We had fun doing our normal gabbing and catching up. I felt like I hadn't seen any of them in so long even though it had only been about a month. I think living so far from home plays games with your head when it comes to that stuff. Saturday my parents came in town for my birthday. We went to dinner that night at Blue Mesa with my parents, brother Kyle, sister-in-law Lindsey, my aunt Cindy and her family. It was fun! So I guess I better enjoy my last year of my 2o's while I can!!

Flowers Leland suprised me with

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel,
Dad and I enjoyed our trip to Dallas and being with you to celebrate your birthday.....it was just way too short of a visit. The pictures of your's and Leland's house are great. I can hardly wait to see it in person.
Leland,
Your a good husband and did good on the flowers. I know they sometimes seem like a waste of money, but you can be certain they are appreciated.
We love you both and are looking forward to our first visit to St. Charles.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I always knew Leland was a romantic at heart. Comes from my side of the family you know.