Saturday, November 22, 2008

34 Weeks Dr. Appointment

I had my 34th week check up yesterday and found out I am already dilated 1 cm. That's not very much but it still kind of shocked me. My doctor told me to take it easy these next few weeks. My last day at work is Wednesday, so thankfully I will be done with that soon. However, I have a list of things to get done that I was planning on doing before this baby gets here and my doc told me to take it easy on that list. Yikes! She said if I went into labor soon they wouldn't try to stop it at this point but she'd really like to see me go for another 2-3 weeks before we go into labor. I have so much to get done! Oh well, I'll just need to listen to my body I guess. I have a feeling this baby is coming before Christmas.

Let's see what else is new? Leland and I went out on a date to the symphony last night. It was nice. I'm not sure going to the symphony is my thing. Leland fell asleep during first piece. He said he was just listening to the music with his eyes closed, but when his head starts bobbing I'm thinking he's not listening so much as he is sleeping! But it was fun to get out of the house and go downtown one more time before we're confined to the house for a while. We have a couple of Christmas parties to go to here in the next few weeks but other than that, I'm just getting too uncomfortable to get dressed up and go out anywhere so hopefully I can make it to them.

Well, that's about it for now. We'll keep everyone posted on any changes.

2 comments:

Leslie P Photography said...

Ahhh...yes...the uncomfortable-ness!! When you maternity clothes start getting to tight, the hearburn gets worse and worse, your feet start swelling up, and no matter what - standing, sitting, laying - it is never comfortable!

The Wunder Family said...

Melinda,
Ryan and I hope you and Leland had a great Thanksgiving. We are looking forward to your little one's arrival! You don't have much longer to go. Hang in there and you will be holding that beautiful baby girl real soon.