Monday, December 1, 2008

Dogs, Doctor's Appointment, Snow!


I had my 36 week doc appointment. We had our final ultrasound-baby is head down thank goodness and she weighs 5lbs 13oz right now. The doctor said she has really long legs-I'm not sure who she gets that from-Leland I guess. Everything looks great. I'm now 1-2cm dilated and 50% effaced. Her head is really really low so the doc thinks she will come before our due date even though the ultrasound was telling us her due date is now Jan 6th but that's just based on her head measurement so hopefully she just has a small head-I'm good with that! So, we'll see. It could happen very soon......or it could go for another month-who knows. I still have some last minute things I'd like to get done before she gets here so I hope she holds out for at least a couple more weeks!

We had a good Thanksgiving! Some friends from our church invited us over for their family Thanksgiving. It was a lot of fun. They were so nice to think of us.

I'm now officially a stay at home mom! Yea! Today was my first day to not have to go to work. I don't think it's set in yet.....just feels like I'm on vacation. But today I stayed busy-one of the ladies at our church just passed away and the church was putting on a lunch for the family today before the funeral service so I volunteered to bring a dish and help serve the food/clean up, etc. It's nice to have the free time to help out with those sorts of things now. I had to leave early to go to the doctor so it was a pretty busy day. I was worried I'd be bored being home but I have a feeling I'll be busier than I think.

We're dog sitting this week for our neighbors who went to Costa Rica for Thanksgiving (must be nice). The puppies love each other and have so much fun together. It's kind of nice because they keep each other entertained and wear each other out and then just crash. Normally, Sadie just follows us around the house and wants us to alway pay attention to her and if we're not she whines-it's can be really annoying -but we love her anyway!



We had our first Snow for the year yesterday and today. It was cold and windy!

2 comments:

Leslie P Photography said...

Hey! I'm so glad everything is still good with baby girl. And that she is definitely head down! I should have insisted on another sonogram at your stage with Carter. I knew I hadn't felt him turn (he was still head up at 28 weeks), but everyone kept saying they felt his head when they examined me. And it does sound like she might come early! I think I was dialated to a 1 and 50% effaced the day before I was due.

Broken Spode said...

I'm glad to hear that you aren't the only ones with naming trouble! :-) You will know the right name when she gets here, I'm sure. I hope that you are able to enjoy the last few weeks of your pregnancy! Don't forget to post a "heading to the hospital" picture.