Tuesday night I was having really strong contractions and back labor. They starting getting closer and closer together about midnight. I went to bed and was miserable. I couldn't sleep-they were so bad they kept waking me up (we had just been to the doctor earlier that day and she said I wasn't quite ready yet so it was our 2nd false alarm) so I wanted to make sure this was the real deal before we drove to the hospital in the middle of the night. Well, it got to the point where they were every 4minutes and I couldn't take it anymore-it was the worse pain I have every experienced. So, we packed up and headed to the hospital. When they got us all checked in they checked me and I was 3 cm so it was the real deal and they weren't going to send us home-thank goodness because I was in pain! So 13 hours of labor and about 5 pushes and she was here! The nurses were so surprised at how fast she was coming that they told me to stop pushing because the doctor wasn't there yet and they were waiting on her. So not long after she arrived, little miss Kate arrived too. It was a suprisingly easy labor and delivery once I had the epidural-which was great by the way!
Now we are home and Leland's mom is staying with us this week which has been great! We had trouble with the breastfeeding at first, but I think she's getting the hang of things now. We go to the pediatrician tomorrow for a weight check. It's amazing how you get concerned about little things like, why hasn't she had a bowel movement in the last 24 hours?! etc......Our biggest challenge is getting her to sleep in her bed at night. She does not like laying on her back and the minute you put her down she starts crying......not sure how we're going to get past this. It was quite an exhausting night our first night home-I think Leland and I only got about 2 hours of sleep. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get her to sleep in her bed or bassinet at night, please let me know!
We'll keep you posted on more pictures and updates.
2 comments:
Hey girl! I had a hard time with the nursing thing too - so I feel your pain on that one. I was fine at the hospital, but when we got home, he wanted to eat all the time and I was exhausted. The sleeping thing - I wonder if you could try laying her on her side at first? Or Do you have one of those sleep positioner things? It has two sort of blockades on each side to keep them from rolling over. It also is elevated at the head slightly. She might not like laying completely flat or something. Carter's bassinet also had a thing on the side that would vibrate, but he hated that.Maybe she would like something like that?
She is precious Melinda! Congratulations! She sure was anxious to see you too!
Take care!
MO
Post a Comment