Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy 2nd Anniversary!

Leland and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary June 30th. Actually we really celebrated over the weekend. Leland planned the whole thing which I thought was sweet. His mom came in town to watch Kate so that Leland and I could get away to the wine country and a bed and breakfast. We went to dinner at this cute little quaint restaurant in Augusta, Missouri (about 20 minutes from our house). This whole area is in the wine country and it's beautiful. It's neat that we live so close to such a secluded and rural area. We stayed at a bed and breakfast in Dutzow, MO about 30 minutes away. We were the only guests at this B&B so we had breakfast the next morning with the owners-which was delicious by the way. We had quite a lot in common with them when it came to politics and religion so we talked with them at breakfast for about 2 hours! Then we were off to see one of the wineries. We did a few wine tastings and they had an outdoor cafe that looked out over the hills. It was beautiful! Kate had a blast with her Taseen back home. Thanks sweetie for planning our anniversary trip! I am truly blessed!




our room-it was so nice!




My handsome groom

Below are just some random fun pictures of Kate


Sporting my new highchair



Sadie loves this....not

Doing the "Happy Father's Day" cheer


Oh, one more thing. Kate had her 6 month photos taken recently so if you'd like to see them you can go to www.essenciaphotography.com and under Proofing enter password KATE. They turned out so good. I'm having a hard time choosing!

2 comments:

The Flesher Family said...

Happy Anniversary!! Looked like a fun weekend:)

The pictures of Kate and you and Kate were simply adorable!! She is such a pretty little thing:) I loved looking at them:)

Sandy :) said...

Happy Anniversary! I thought of you last Tuesday - my parents anniv. is the same day. Glad to see y'all got away!

Those pics are adorable. I love the ones where y'all are outside and you're holding her up - you and her look so happy. I can see why it's hard to pick - they were all so good! Thanks for sharing! Miss you!