Tuesday, August 4, 2009

eHarmony

Most people who read our blog know that Leland and I met on eHarmony and three years later we're married and have a baby. Some of you also may know that Leland's sister Ellen is getting married in October to David who she met on eHarmony as well. So we always joke around that we should contact eHarmony and do a commercial together but it was always just talk. Well, the other day I thought I would contact them to let them know our success story and Ellen's story too and see what happens. I mentioned that we are not only happily married but have a baby too and I attached a couple of pictures. I didn't even tell Leland because I thought I'd never hear back from them. Well today I got an email from them saying they are very interested in our story and wanting to know if we'd be interested in going through their casting process for some new commercials they're going to do. Crazy!! At first Leland didn't want to do it unless they are going to pay us....which I have no idea if they would....but heck they would probably fly us out somewhere and pay for our travel and stay if we were chosen so I think that sparked his intersest enough to go with it. So anyway, we'll see what happens. They wanted our phone number so the casting director can call us. I'm sure we'll have to send in a video or something like that so they can weed out people. It's a long shot but still kinda fun. I don't exactly want people knowing I met my spouse on the internet (that just sounds creepy) but then again who cares...I met a wonderful godly man that the Lord had chosen for me so I guess it was meant to be! I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

The Flesher Family said...

very fun!! I want yall to win for sure:) Yall are special b/c you are both good looking and it is Leland sister who met her spouse on there as well...I mean that is a cool story..how many times does that even happen. I did not know she had met someone and was getting married. That is so fun for her:)

Amy said...

That's so random. Good luck. Andy and I have been trying to get his sister on eHarmony for years. She's really shy and won't get involved in a singles group or anything so she has no way of meeting anyone. I should share your success story with her. :)

Leslie P Photography said...

Every time I see one of those commercials, I think "Leland and Melinda would be perfect for one of those!" That would be awesome if you got it too!!