I think I'm officially nesting now. I have this sudden urge to start sewing all these baby things and am even considering sewing a duvet cover for Kate's big girl bed. My first project was a baby sling. I never used one with Kate but wanted one for our second baby. So I got online, found a tutorial, headed to the fabric store, and the next day I made one (all while Kate was napping). I think it turned out great! Here it is with Kate modeling for me.


Now obviously Kate is too big for these, but it's pretty neat with all the different positions you can use them for. You can cradle a newborn in one and even breastfeed with them in there, or a bigger baby can sit in it facing forward. And an even bigger baby (smaller than Kate) can sit on your hip and you're hands free. So fun! I can't wait to use it with the baby.
I'm not sure what these things retail for but all I spent was $15 on the fabric. Hmm, I may try to make a diaper bag or small quilt next.....we'll see how long this nesting thing lasts!
2 comments:
How adorable is that!? Very nice Melinda! So cute! I may have to pay you to make me one! ;)
I love my sling. I used it a lot this second time. While I cooked, vacuumed, or whatever the first 2 months atleast. Jake loved it. I could still play with Jax as well. They are awesome. Good job on the sewing as well. It comes in handy. I do a lot of things in our house.
Post a Comment