We painted our dining room a couple of weekends ago. We chose this olive green color which really looks more like army green but I really like how it turned out. Our only problem was we have bullnose corners and there's no easy way to figure out where to stop the paint on the rounded corners............

so we found this thing called The Blendmate. I found it online and ordered one. You put the color you're painting in one syringe and the paint color on the adjoining wall in the other syringe and as you roll it on, the 2 colors blend together so that it gives it a fading effect.

We were really skeptical but figured we had no other options and it was worth a try! Well, it looks awesome! You can't really tell where the color stops. I am so excited because we have bullnose corners throughout our whole house and now I won't be worrying about trying to tape on a rounded corner ever again!



So, if you have the same problem we have, here you go. No one seems to know about it, so I thought I'd share this cool tool!
Here's just a few pics from the last few weeks. Two of my girlfriends from dental hygiene school (and they were bridesmaids in my wedding), Traci and Holli, came over with their hubbies and kiddos last weekend. We hung out and had some chili and yummy food. I hadn't seen them since we've moved back to Texas. Unfortunately we live across the other side of the metroplex from most of our friends so it's hard to get together very often. We had a blast catching up!

Of course I had to post a couple of pictures of my sweet girls. Kate loves being a big sister. She is always going over to check on her.

About to head off to church
1 comment:
You have a beautiful family Melinda. I can't believe Morgan is already almost 3 months old!
Love the green paint you chose. Very nice.
Post a Comment