Sunday, March 27, 2011

Morgan and Kate's Dedication

Sunday, March 20th, we had Kate and Morgan dedicated in our church. We had Kate dedicated last year when we were living in Missouri but we thought since we are attending a new church now that it would be a good idea to just do both of the girls dedications together.
Posing with Pastor Steve


Morgan couldn't last much longer and fell asleep at the end of the ceremony. Funny story.

He gave them each a small New Testament Bible and I was holding Morgan's in one hand. Morgan kept trying to grab it and kept hitting it against me. While she kept doing that, 2 buttons on my shirt came undone and when I looked down I saw I would have been flashing the entire congregation had the Bible not been covering me up! I think he was talking or something ( I couldn't even concentrate at this point. I was trying to figure out how I was going to fix it). So when we all bowed our heads to pray I whispered to Leland what had happend and I quickly tossed Morgan to him while he was already holding Kate and turned around and buttoned them as fast as I could -just in time for the prayer to be over. Whew! Thanks goodness I fixed it because after that, he asked if the congregation could come give us a congratulations and we had to stand up there greeting a lot of people. I was so embarrased but I don't think anyone even noticed!

Some of our family came to attend and we all met back at our house for lunch. It was a great day!
Here we are with Tassy, G, Nini, Pop, Pappy (my grandfather) and Betty (his wife). I'm so glad they made the trip from WF!

Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of the rest of our familly that was there.


We love our sweet girls so much and pray God will help us raise them in a godly home and in ways that are pleasing to Him. We are thankful we have a church praying for us to do just that!

1 comment:

The Wunder Family said...

Melinda, you gave me a good laugh! You poor thing... the Lord decided to spare you and give you a moment (prayer) to quickly fix your buttons. Cute story.
Looking forward to the zoo this week!