Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Funny Kate

I thought I'd share some funny things Kate has been saying before I forget them. I should probably do this more often. My sister-in-law gave me the idea. Whenever I give Kate a plate of food that may still be hot and she wants me to blow on it to cool it off she says..."Mommy, blow it up". Also, sometimes if Leland is in another room, she'll call his name...At first she'll yell "Daddy!" But then after that she'll start yelling "Leland!" Since when were we on a first name basis with our 2 year old?! We laugh about it because first of all, it sounds so cute the way she says Leland and second of all, the fact that she's doing it is just plain funny. But she knows that we think it's funny so she keeps doing it, so now we're just trying to ignore her when she says it.
Also, Leland and I call each other "babe" a lot....so guess what. Kate says "Hey Babe" to Leland (usually after she's heard me just say it)...but still funny to hear come out of her mouth.
She's starting with the "What's that Mommy?" question about EVERYTHING. I love it though. I don't mind it because I know that's how she's learning, and besides, she's my little buddy at home. We have some pretty good conversations everyday and I wouldn't change anything about this sweet girl that God has given us!

No comments: