Sunday, June 22, 2008

12 Weeks

I had my 12 week doctor's appointment on Friday. It was a much shorter appointment than the first one. She said my all of my tests from the first visit came back normal and right on target and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat again-this time with a Doppler machine. At first she had a hard time finding it because it's still so small and she kept moving it around until she found it and when she did it was very loud and fast! But it was such a relief to know that the baby is doing well and I am too! Praise God! So, we just asked her a few more questions we had and we were on our way. I get to find out the sex in mid-August. I can't wait for that appointment. So far we haven't bought anything or even started on getting the baby's room ready. It's kind of funny because we have 3 spare bedrooms and when we moved in one was bright pink and lime green and we thought we'd better just paint over that a neutral color so that when we sell our house that it won't be this bold colored room-----never in my mind was I even thinking that this room could potentially be a nursery someday (the other two rooms have beds in them and this is the only room that is empty for the most part-plus it's the room closest to our bedroom). So now that we've already painted it once, Leland says we are not going to paint it again! I would really like to since it's our first baby and I want to make the nursery cute and all, but we probably will only be here for another year and a half before we move again, so it does seem kind of pointless! We'll see. I may talk him into it. Right now it's a buttery off-white color, so it could work either way if we ended up leaving it.
Other than that, all is going well and I'm officially in my 2nd trimester now. I'm not really showing yet, but my clothes are getting a little snug. My doc thinks by 16 weeks I'll be showing. We'll see!
Please pray for my friends Traci and Dustin. Their home burned down on Thursday from a leaky propane tank while they were grilling out and they lost everything! They are such nice people and I feel terrible for them. They have a newborn too so please keep them in your prayers.
Also, please pray for a good friend of mine who just had her 3rd miscarriage and she and her husband are devastated, as I can imagine. I know her prayers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 comments:

Leslie P Photography said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe that about Tracy and Dustin's house!! And I didn't know they had a newborn either! Woah - I can't even imagine. Congrats on 12 weeks though! 2nd trimester is a breeze! :D

coneandmo said...

Thanks for the prayers! Congrats to you and Leland and baby Wells. :)