This is his most recent project-a floating dock. My parents joke and call it their lake house. It's so cool! He completely welded and constructed the whole thing by himself and it's floating on big huge styrofoam blocks. I'm not sure how he got that out in the tank all by himself, but he did and I am so impressed with his skills! They recently found they have fish in their tank and if you throw out some fish food, here they come-little bass and catfish come right up to you and will practically eat if from your hand. We had so much fun with it. They're small fish-nothing we could eat, but it was still neat to see. You can see my brother Kyle's head poking out of the water. There's a rope with a tire attached on the end that you can swing off of into the water-he was having fun with that.
Here's another view
This is a hamock that sits out over the water
These are my cousins and nieces playing Candy Land. The two older ones are my cousins Britton and Audrey, and the younger ones are my nieces Sarah and Callie. They're so much fun!
I had such a great time coming home to be with family. It was hard to leave but poor Leland would get lonely if I didn't come back to Missouri.
I look forward to the day my kids can come stay with their Nini and Pop and enjoy all the fun things there is to do out there. My younger cousins and now my niece Sarah who is three have so much fun coming to visit and I can't wait for my kids to enjoy their time out there too. My in-laws live on quite a bit of land too and have this really cool creek that runs at the back of their property. They have livestock, chickens, a duck, guinea hens and all kinds of fun stuff to do out there too, so our kids will definitely get their share of the country life which I love because that is mine and Leland's background.
2 comments:
man I'm jealous....I'm driving to your parents place!!!!!
Jeff
cute new blog....who did yours? Looks like you Dad is pretty talented....that also looks like some good old country fun.
Hope you are doing good.
Post a Comment