Monday, June 2, 2008

A Picture We Want to Share


That's right! We're pregnant! Well, technically, I'm pregnant, not Leland-but he was a big help in it all. Ha! I am 10 weeks and we are so thrilled. We feel so blessed that God has brought this amazing miracle in our lives. It's a funny thing how you think you can control the things in life. We were hoping to get pregnant this summer so we could have a spring baby-you know, after the holidays-I mean who plans to have a baby around Christmas?! Well, God had other plans for us and guess what.............I'm due Dec 31st!! I always told myself I would never have a baby around Christmas, who would do that to their child....or themselves? At first we kind of freaked out but then once reality set in, we were very excited. (I think most of you already know, so this is not news to you, but I had to officially post it on the blog now that I've told friends and family).
Okay, so we had our first doctor's appointment when I was 8 weeks. Leland came with me. They did an ultrasound and we got to see and hear the heartbeat. It was so neat. Even though I was looking at all of this on the screen, it still didn't register that that little baby is growing in my tummy. But the doc said everything looked very healthy. I was just relieved that the baby was still okay because I had known I was pregnant since I was 4 weeks and had to wait a whole month before the doctor could confirm that I was still pregnant. So you probably can't tell much from the ultrasound other than it looking like an odd-shaped blob, but in this picture you can see the baby's profile. The round thing above the head is the yolk sac which provides all the nutrients to the baby until the placenta develops, and the whiter looking area is an arm bud and at the bottom you can see little points, we think both are legs or one is a leg and the other is the tail-that's right it still has a tail at this point!
So that is our exciting news and we are so happy. More to come later..............

2 comments:

Jeff and Steph said...

Well, I have to say again, yea! Congrats! I can't wait to read all about it. :)

Steph

coneandmo said...

Exciting friend! Congrats! Thanks for sharing. I've kept checking to see if you shared with the blogging world yet. :) Take care, I'll talk to you soon. School is almost out and I've been crazy, busy.
Chat with you later!
MO