Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Catching up somewhat

So my laptop is still down and I'm having to use Leland's desktop for now, which is a pain. I think it's going to cost abour $150 for a new motherboard and so we may just end up buying a new laptop.....but not sure when that will be........so I'm going to be really behind on my blogging.
I do have to talk about a major deal that happened today. I decided that today was the day that I was going to make Kate take her nap (quiet time) in her big girl bed today (it's in a separate room from her crib). We're planning on putting her in there full-time this weekend. It's funny because I've been dreading this and putting it off because I didn't have the energy to deal with the fight I knew she was going to put up. But poor Morgan needs to be sleeping in a crib now and not in a pack-n-play anymore! So, I talked her up to it all morning and she seemed excited. I told her she was going to take her nap in her big girl room today and she needed to stay in there until I come to get her. I put our video monitor up in there so I could see what she'd do. Well, of course when I left and closed the door, she freaked out. She was crying so hard she was out of breath. She didn't try to come out for a while, but eventually she came out of the room and immediately put her back in bed and reassured her. Well, after her coming out about 3 times and me putting her back in, she stayed! Yay! Success. She finally started playing with some toys and books in her bed with a few fusses here and there. Some time goes by.....then silence. I looked on the monitor. She's asleep. Shocker!! This kid hasn't been napping for the last few months so I was shocked to see she actually had gone to sleep in her big bed! This may not seem like a big deal to some of you, but if you know our Kate, she does not do well with change or new environments. When she woke up I went in there and showered her with kisses and told her how happy I was that she took a nap in her big girl bed. She was all smiles and woke up very happy! The things we stress over and I'm sure someday I'll look back and think, what was the big deal!? Ha!

2 comments:

The Wunder Family said...

Yay Melinda! So glad to hear that the transition from her crib to the big girl bed went so well! Hugs for Kate!

The Martens said...

Yay Kate!!!! Lets us know how the rest of the week goes.